Statistics with R
A Beginner′s Guide
Statistics is made simple with this award-winning guide to using R and applied statistical methods.
With a clear step-by-step approach explained using real world examples, learn the practical skills you need to use statistical methods in your research from an expert with over 30 years of teaching experience. With a wealth of hands-on exercises and online resources created by the author, practice your skills using the data sets and R scripts from the book with detailed screencasts that accompany each script.
This book is ideal for anyone looking to:
• Complete an introductory course in statistics
• Prepare for more advanced statistical courses
• Gain the transferable analytical skills needed to interpret research from across the social sciences
• Learn the technical skills needed to present data visually
• Acquire a basic competence in the use of R and RStudio.
This edition also includes a gentle introduction to Bayesian methods integrated throughout.
The author has created a wide range of online resources, including: over 90 R scripts, 36 datasets, 37 screen casts, complete solutions for all exercises, and 130 multiple-choice questions to test your knowledge.